WEIGHT LOSS AND TECHNOLOGY….WORKING TOGETHER
We all know how quickly technology changes in our world. It is all around us. The technology available is astounding. Weight loss and technology are working together to help those wanting to shed the pounds do so even easier. It is quite amazing what high-tech tools there are currently available.
- Watches – Wearing a watch to monitor your steps, distance, heart rate will help you track important information about your progress. Knowing you progress will help you reach your goals.
- Fitness Armbands – There are a variety of armbands that fit several phone models and are the perfect companion for any type of workout. These bands can provide quick access to your phone.
- Headphones – Wearing headphones (earbuds) can assist with making your workouts more enjoyable. Listening to great up-beat music can give you more energy and encourage you to work out more aggressively for calorie burn.
- Body Analyzers – Not your everyday body scale, these analyzers can provide you with so much more information. To help you reach your goals even more efficiently, you can be given information about the amount of water in your body along with bone, fat and muscle mass.
There are also other high-tech tools to use as you are trying to shed the pounds:
- On Line Food Diary Programs – Keeping a food journal is one of the oldest and best-known ways to be successful in a diet. By keeping a journal, we can clearly see how much and how often we’re eating and make corrections to deal with bad habits. Some on line programs will allow you to record the food you’ve eaten along with exercise you’ve accomplished and you will be provided with a nutritional analysis.
- Dieting Phone Apps – One of the top free apps for iTunes and Google Play users, My Diet Coach, helps users resist cravings, temptations, etc. Once you provide the app with information, it will show you what you look like now compared to your goal weight.
- Online Diet Services – There are several on-line diet services to choose from. Some of these services can provide custom meal plans, dining out guides, exercise plans and shopping list tools. In 2017, Weight Watchers received the Gold Award. Also included on the top 10 list were South Beach Diet and Nutrisystem.
- New Age Pedometers – These pedometers can be worn on your wrist, waistband or in a pocket. The best pedometers can calculate and display not only your steps but other interesting stats, such as distance, calories burned, speed, elapsed time, or steps per minute. Some may even function as a stopwatch and alarm. Additionally, some pedometers can link with apps so you can have additional features such as reading your heart rate.
WEIGHT LOSS ON THE GO
There are weight loss programs that have phone apps now that will make it easier to provide weight loss on the go. These apps can help you track food or even provide bar codes for foods to help you make smarter choices before you purchase them. Some of the weight loss apps include Weight Watchers, DASH, and Mediterranean diets.
Even if there are no apps attached to weight loss plans, there are a plethora of diet recipes that you can find on line for your specific plan. Finding recipes on line and mixing it up a bit will help your on your weight loss journey so that you don’t get bored with it and quit.
With all the technology available these days, you can obtain assistance with meeting your weight loss goals at the touch of a button right on your cell phone. Consider using technology to help you in your journey so that you can stay motivated to get to your goals.
When you buy something from this website, I may receive an affiliate commission. These are my opinions and are not representative of the companies that create these products. My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products, or create false reviews to make sales. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decision on which ones suit your needs best.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you incorporate technology in your workout plan? I would love to hear from you!